Friday, June 21, 2013

More from my nursery stops in Washington...

Yesterday I shared the Schefflera highlights from my nursery stops en-route back from Seattle, but there were other things worth noting. First stop City People’s Garden Store on Capitol Hill in Seattle.

I’ve mentioned before that I’ve got a soft spot for this nursery, and they just keep on earning it every time I visit! Rodgersia podophylla ‘Bronze Form’…

Sambucus R. ‘Black Tower,’ not a great photo but it was a beautiful plant…

And I’m still regretting the fact I let a little thing like no space keep me from grabbing this Blue Shadow Fothergilla. I’ve never understood the attraction but this particular plant was gorgeous!!!

This one was easier to just grab and think later about where to plant it, ‘Banana Boat’ Sedge…

After all how could I refuse a plant whose sign was complete with fun drawings?

Pacific Northwest style...

Leptospermum lanigerum, cold hardy Wooly Tea Tree from Xera.

That darn black Daphne again, I still haven't bought one.

The shade area...

Oh I like this little hebe...

Miller Garden! I guess I better grab one.

They had just gotten a shippment of Sarracenia and I really wanted to grab them all!

Until I looked closer...

Their little Martian-heads kind of gave me the shivers.

Pretty flowers though...

On to Furney's, this place was huge and very busy...

Glad to see they are okay with the spiky side of life.

I've been trying to tell myself these (variegated snapdragon I think? variegated yellow wallflower, thanks Max) would be a great, hardy, substitute for Echium candicans 'Pride of Madeira' but so far I haven't managed to believe myself.

Palm alley.

Miles and miles of shrubs...

Branded shop within the shop.

Equisetum scirpoides

Albizia julibrissin 'Boubri'

With blooms!

Guess where I am now? Doesn't the name sound like an amusement park? The font helps to support that notion.

Huge tree ferns! They could be yours for only $229.99

This is the first year in awhile that I haven't had a Ensete ventricosum 'Maurelii' in the garden.

I was tempted, but resisted.

Lot's of blue skies, I had a very nice day, weather-wise, for nursery hopping and driving home from Seattle.

Forget the grass, I want those cement blocks! Do you think if I offered to buy them new ones they'd give me these?

More tropical temptations.

That's all folks! It was time to get home to Andrew and Lila...

All material © 2009-2013 by Loree Bohl for danger garden. Unauthorized reproduction prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment