Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Just rip that band-aid off!

I was originally going to title this post “better already!” but I think I’ve already used something like that so instead the band-aid analogy.


Part of me was seriously entertaining the idea of waiting until fall to get rid of the Rhody, but headed out to the curb with a half full yard waste container I decided the time was now.

And like all projects whose time has come I feel a bit of relief and no remorse. Although this venerable specimen would have been lovely had the space existed to prune it up and expose those gorgeous sinewy lower branches…

I also thought what a great framework this would make for a couple hundred Tillandsia…

Instead I’m frantically researching and buying plants (that’s a lot of space to fill!), which really isn’t such a bad thing.
Andrew will assist with the final removal and then it's time to plant! To be continued…

All material © 2009-2013 by Loree Bohl for danger garden. Unauthorized reproduction prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment