Wednesday, June 26, 2013

More from the ANLD tour...

You didn’t think I was going to be okay with sharing just a little teaser from the gardens I visited on this tour did you? No! There are three of them that needed a little more coverage…

First up we're back in the Floramagoria garden...

I believe the pair of little baby face shrines are new, meaning not there when I first visited this garden last summer. Or maybe I was just so overwhelmed then that I missed them.

The carnivorous plants around the base add an air of danger. Are they gonna eat the baby face if it falls from above?

I love me some crisp edges.

And this display makes me feel very much at home.

As I was taking this next group of photos a helpful lady came up behind me and said "those are agaves"...

"Yes they are"...was all I could manage as a response.

The common theme running through the gardens that day was Agave 'Blue Glow' and they were all gorgeous.

More carnivorous plants and a "to die for" restio...

Pretty much wherever you point your camera in this garden there is something amazing to see. Ricki, a fellow blogger whom I toured with, has done a great post full of beautiful images here if you're itching to see even more.

There was the slowest drip of water falling from the cast gunnera leaf, so perfect!

Nice to see another Cussonia paniculata in a small container, I've been wondering if I should pot mine up to something larger.

Now were're at the Pequeno Paraiso Garden and Heather is moving in for a close up of another Agave 'Blue Glow'...

Equally gorgeous.

I didn't show this corner of the garden in my last post because I wasn't sure what to think of it. I wanted to like it but somehow it just felt forced. Perhaps there were too many design clichés in a small space? I didn't get a good overall shot, but to the right is a covered patio space.

There's a stream running along the metal channel...

Emptying into a basin of Mexican pebbles partially surrounded by a checkerboard. You know I still don't know if I like it!



The front garden at the Plant Passion Garden was shady and lush...

Mahonia 'Soft Caress' was the star in my book.

The back garden was sunny and open.

With a very restrained use of containers.

I would have had to squeeze in another 20 or so...

A nice Tetrapanax...

And a subtle water feature...

This is the best use of a fire bowl I've seen in awhile (yes I am against making your neighbors house smell like a campsite just because you want to enjoy a fire in an urban setting) and those chairs look perfect for curling up with a good book (or your laptop).

Here I am back at this vision of loveliness...

With another Agave 'Blue Glow'...

Are you getting sick of this combination yet? I know I've shared it like 6 times now. This is it, the last time.

This is the scene behind the agave...

Oh wait, there's the agave again!

I'll end this post with a bright pop of orange...

All material © 2009-2013 by Loree Bohl for danger garden. Unauthorized reproduction prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment