Saturday, June 15, 2013

It’s June, it’s Garden Bloggers Bloomday…life is good!


I think there are two different kind of bloggers when it comes to Garden Bloggers Bloomday; those that record every single bloom in their garden and those that stick with the highlights. I tend to be the first, but inevitably realize (often as I’m writing my post, sometimes the next day) that I missed a few. Such is the case this month, however I think everything I missed was also blooming last month so, such is life, we soldier on. Above and below is Callistemon viridiflorus...

This is Callistemon viridiflorus 'Xera Compact'...a sweet, little callistemon that grows to only 3' tall and 18" wide. As you can see it suffers no lack of blooms due to it's diminutive size.

Callistemon ‘Clemson’

Callistemon ‘Clemson’ and Melianthus major 'Antonow's Blue'

Alchemilla mollis

Ceanothus impressus ‘Victoria’

Dudleya collomae

Sadly I got too close taking the photo and knocked the bloom spike off!

Echium wildpretii...this bloom should be a lot taller and cone shaped but the top rotted away earlier in the spring.

This is the last image you'll see of my amazing Echium x wildpretii 'Rocket'...

Right after I took this picture I cut it down. Harsh? Yes. But I was ready. It had become overwhelming and with Thursdays rain was leaning another foot or so. I was having nightmares of the plants it would take out on its way down. Now I can start my FINAL planting project of this season...thank god!

Eryngium alpinum

Eryngium venustum

Euphorbia 'Excalibur'

Flashbulb Parrot's Beak (Lotus hybrid)

Grevillea ‘Poorinda Leane’

Kniphofia...not sure which one, I can't keep track of these!

Lobelia laxiflora

Lupinus arboreus

Lysimachia nummularia

The Magnolia macrophylla has had more flowers on it this year than ever before. They've also lasted a long long time. Here's a bud...

And a flower...

Even though the bloom means death to the mama plant I am thrilled my Musella lasiocarpa is blooming. It will be a nice feature on the patio and there are smaller pups around it to help fill the container.

Parahebe perfoliata

Rodgersia 'Bronze Peacock'

Sedum i.can't rememberum

Tropaeolum peregrinum

And ending this kinda sorta alphabetic GB Bloomday is Verbascum bombyciferum 'Arctic Summer'...

As always for the round up of all the bloggers participating in this months Bloomday visit Carol at May Dreams Gardens. The idea lady behind this most popular meme.

All material © 2009-2013 by Loree Bohl for danger garden. Unauthorized reproduction prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment