Thursday, July 4, 2013

Was it something I said?

I’ll admit it, I regularly say flowers aren’t all that important to me and foliage is what matters, and it's true. Still, I don’t dislike flowers, I view them as a bonus, the little piece of chocolate after a delicious meal. Who isn’t excited when a plant starts to bloom? The subject of this post is Aloe striatula. I have three plants, one in the ground…

Another in a container, where it’s lived for a couple of years…

Spending summers on the patio and winters outside, but undercover of the shade pavilion greenhouse. It’s seemed fairly happy with this arrangement.

The third is also in a container, although just since late last summer. Out of those 3 plants guess how many blooms I have? The answer is one.

ONE!

This is my next door neighbor’s plant, it’s in the ground and has been for a couple of years. It has no less than 10 blooms.

TEN!

Was it something I said? I didn’t mean it…really! Flowers are cool…

All material © 2009-2013 by Loree Bohl for danger garden. Unauthorized reproduction prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment