Monday, February 25, 2013

The 2013 Northwest Flower and Garden Show, it’s all been written…

Wow, there has been a lot of blog coverage of the NWFGS already…it seems like everything worth sharing has already been shared, twice. But then I discovered this sweet display which I don’t think anyone else has featured. The planning and work that went into it, not to mention the expense, well let’s just say it must have taken…seconds to put this one together…

I know the small space showcase is popular but that’s taking it to an entirely different level!

Seriously though while I have no idea what that was all about I can say (for the most part) the real small space gardens didn't disappoint…there was so much color and attention to detail! My friend Peter (The Outlaw Gardener) said he could picture me composing blog posts here…

…in the Ravenna Gardens display, oh to be so fortunate! Behind the desk is a sliding glass door which (if this dream were a reality) would open to my back garden, and I’d have these monstrous pitcher plants hanging from an old 3-ring light fixture (which we really do have in our office, electrified of course)…

And I’d be surrounded by my favorite colors.

In fact this display really does look like a smaller, greener, "office version" of our shade pavilion! I love it, like most everything that Ravenna Gardens does...

I also felt at home in this display by Artistic Garden Concepts…

You can see why…

Isn’t that sign just meant for me? There were also several repurposed light fixtures in this display.

More knock-your-socks-off color in the Codina Ceramics Studio display…

I don’t know that one could actually walk on these chartreuse rings but I was so in love with them I really didn't care.

Molbak’s stirred some serious plant lust with their dramatic colors.

Be still my heart!

Am I going to finally need a Foxtail Fern?

And what about that begonia (I think?) pretty fabulous!

So much to love, and that's just a small part of the show! I have a lot more to share later this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment