Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Learn from my mistakes #8, sometimes the plant doesn't die…

It’s no secret I’m drawn to plants which are only borderline hardy in my climate. Usually this means I go to whatever lengths necessary to try and keep them alive. However there are the rare exceptions when I decide I’m going to treat a particular plant as an annual. Love it for a season and then let it go. It’s that thinking that got me here…

With this Acacia pravissima rapidly becoming the tree it wants to be, planted a mere 9” from my house, and getting stuck in the rain gutter. People this is not good a gardening practice!

It was supposed to be struck down during the winter of 2011/12 but it powered on and so far it’s taking this (mild) winter in stride. What does the future hold? Well only time will tell, but you can learn from my mistake…sometimes the plant lives!

By the way this plant is also my "favorite plant in the garden this week" if your wondering. I wouldn't want to let you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment