Friday, May 10, 2013

Checking back in...

As I mentioned yesterday I was away from the garden for a couple of days earlier in the week. I know, just a couple of days! But after all it is spring and things are happening fast. Wednesday morning I took a stroll through the garden to see what happened in my absence. I was surprised by not one...

But two Hesperaloe blooms emerging from the foliage...

The Lupinus arboreus that I'd been wondering what color would bloom? Turns out they're purple. Once upon a time would have prefered white, but now white flowers seem too stark, I was excited to see the purple.

Speaking of purple (blue?) my Parahebe perfoliata is finally going to bloom! (after almost 2 years...)

Turns out when you actually leave a Rheum palmatum in one spot for over a year it can get big...very big!

Verbascum bombyciferum 'Arctic Summer' getting taller...

Every callistemon is putting on serious growth and most are showing signs of blooming. This C. ‘Woodlander's Hardy Red’ is going to be covered in blooms very soon.

The C. viridiflorus in the front garden has never before bloomed. This is going to be it's year...

My Grevillea rivularis from The Desert Northwest is blooming, such a big bloom on a little plant...

More crazy callistemon flowers forming in the back garden, here is C. viridiflorus...

And C. ‘Clemson’...

The much anticipated (and appreciated) Melianthus major 'Antonow's Blue' blooms are maturing. What a great color contrast Mother Nature dreamed up!

New growth on the Albizia julibrissin ‘Summer Chocolate’...

The Circle Pot from Potted is back in the garden...summer can't be far away!

My (about to bloom) Echium wildpretii lost it's top! Not that it matters the other blooms have plumped up to round it out.

I couldn't get my camera to see quite this magical composition the way my eyes do, but the Podophyllum are looking good!

New spines on the Horse Crippler (Echinocactus texensis)...

Just last weekend I was worried because the new growth tip on the Pseudopanax ferox was kind of shiny and sticky. Turns out I didn't need to worry because now it's broken apart and clearly will become new leaves.

I swear this time of year we could all post multiple photos daily of the activity in our gardens, ain't it all grand?

All material © 2009-2013 by Loree Bohl for danger garden. Unauthorized reproduction prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment