Wednesday, May 1, 2013

And so it begins…

The evening Kym Pokorny visited my garden I noticed her looking intently at the ground around my Tetrapanax, before coming to the door. Odd, I thought. The first thing she said to me (I’m paraphrasing, after all that was a few years ago) was “you put that thing in the ground?”

Why yes I did, and no, I haven’t had any issues…just a couple volunteers when I disturbed the roots or the mama plants froze back, and they were easily removed. But I have a feeling that's all about to change because today I saw this…

A good 7 feet way from the nearest Tetrapanax in an area that I’ve never dug in, oh boy...

Hearing reports of crazy out-of-control Tetrapanax forests I planted my first one in a stock tank.

It’s hardly gone crazy…

I’ve been hoping this one would send up a few babies.

It’s getting so tall it’s sort of silly looking, all by itself.

I guess I know where I’ll be transplanting the volunteers as they pop around the front garden. I wonder if I should warn the neighbors that the invasion has begun?

All material © 2009-2013 by Loree Bohl for danger garden. Unauthorized reproduction prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment