Monday, January 28, 2013

Meanwhile, back at the Cactus Ranch...

One of my must-see destinations when we visit T or C, NM, is the Exotic Cactus Ranch. It’s not that they have anything all that special, but they are an oasis of desert plant love and that’s enough for me.

His Yucca rostrata seemed well priced at $350(ish), those trunks are pretty beefy!

Notocactus magnificus (Balloon Cactus)…one of these became mine.

Euphorbia polygona cv. 'Snowflake'… ghostly beautiful!

I brought a couple of these home.

Kalanchoe daigremontiana (Mother of Thousands) flowers.

Euphorbia horrida

These big Agave parryi v. truncata were going for $69

Fun desert shapes outside of the greenhouse, as seen through the shade fabric.

The patient (bored?) husband…

I’ve always wanted a couple of huge Mexican Fence Post Cactus (Stenocereus marginatus)…

They’re not huge but I also grabbed a container (that’s 3 plants) of these.

There were several tables throughout the nursery with cactus like this displayed for sale.

These were the hardest to leave behind. If we’d been driving instead of flying…

No of course I have no idea what I would do with them!

Oh the plants that have passed through this place…

Here are my treasures! These plus a half-dozen Opuntia (from this post) made for a colorful (and very full) suitcase!

No comments:

Post a Comment