Monday, December 24, 2012

This is so Portland…

Have you heard of Poetry Posts? Basically they’re posts installed in a hell-strip or front yard with a small box tacked to the post. Inside is a poem, sometimes written by the owner of the poetry post, sometimes not. They are updated often enough to keep people coming back for more. I've heard they started here in Portland but have no facts to back up that claim (here’s a good blog post about them and here’s a map of the boxes around town, sadly it only works in Firefox, Chrome or Safari…no IE). But I’ve got a neighbor who’s taking it one step further…

A lending library in a hell-strip!

I love it.

I wanted to take Al Franken’s “Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them” but I didn't have a book with me to leave behind, I know the sign doesn't say you have to but I felt like I should. I hope it’s still there when I go back (and go back I will, I think they need a few gardening books don't you?)

Here’s the best part (did you already spot it?)…the library has a little green roof!

Which reminds me of this quote (does that mean it’s a “quote post?”) I saw the other day on a walk with the husband…

No comments:

Post a Comment