Tuesday, December 25, 2012

About that Christmas Palm Tree…

I know. After months of my rambling on about choosing the perfect Christmas Palm Tree (an idea which by the way should be credited to Louis at Parallel 49 Palms and Exotics) you’re all expecting me to have actually bought one right? Well I didn’t.

See I got obsessed with another idea…the mix of natural with fake sparkle. Like fancy ribbon tied on brown kraft paper, seed pods combined with glitter, and an aluminum Christmas tree with eucalyptus branches. Yes I know, odd.

I still used the regular aluminum branches but I filled in with eucalyptus. Oh the smell! Divine I tell you.

Of course I brought in a conifer wreath for that traditional Christmas smell…

And did up the mantle…

The gifts look a little like a drunken Santa just dumped his bag down the chimney…

But the star was the strange hybrid tree; part natural, part fake sparkle, but all fun…just like I imagined it.

I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, I hope you're fortunate enough to be surrounded by those you love today. I know I'll be squeezing all my loved ones extra tight and thinking of how lucky I am. If this holiday is not one you celebrate may the joy, love and magic of the season touch your heart in a way that is meaningful to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment