Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Seattle Japanese Garden


The same morning that I visited the Pacific Connections Garden in Seattle’s Washington Park Arboretum I also visited the Japanese Garden. I’d lived just blocks away for years but never been. Time to take care of that, and you know I couldn't have picked a better time…the color was on overdrive!

Located within the Washington Park Arboretum this is a 3 1/2 acre formal garden designed and constructed under the supervision of world-renowned Japanese garden designer Juki Iida in 1960. How about I stop "talking" now and just let you enjoy the autumn color...


So that's another one of those places I've always been curious about but never been to...and now I know what it's all about. As I mentioned a while back members of the Lan Su Classical Chinese Garden here in Portland get reciprocal membership at Portland's Japanese Garden during the month of November. I plan to visit soon and see how "we" compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment