Friday, November 23, 2012

Another visit to the garden of Mr. Sean Hogan


Yes, I've taken you here before, but as we all know gardens are always changing. Thus we visit again…

The morning of the most recent "horticultural field-trip" my friends and I were to meet up at Mr Hogan's house (Mr. Cistus Hogan). My friend Ann and I were the first ones there so naturally we took advantage of the extra time and did a little garden exploring...











All of this amazing plant goodness is just in the parking strip!

Now we're up in the front garden, next to the house.



Tetrapanax, Yucca, Agaves...oh my!






His plants are trying to bloom too...

Heading around the side of the house now...

I forgot to ask if the Cycad will stay outside all winter.


Looking backwards (towards the front and the street).

Heading towards the side gate...

And into the back garden.

Beautiful Bamboo...(with a Mahonia and Aspidistra).



Real? I'll never tell...

Manihot. Next year I will track down one of these...

Even better! Manihot and Schefflera!

Now that's a nice clump of Mahonia 'Soft Caress'...



Schefflera, perhaps S. delavayi?

A peek towards the jungle...



That's the path we took into the back garden...

On the back deck...

And admiring more Bamboo...before we leave.

Thank you Sean for so willingly sharing your garden with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment