Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Kew Wednesdays, the Princess of Wales Conservatory, Part 2

This is the second of two posts on my visit to the Princess of Wales Conservatory at Kew Gardens in England (here's part one). Today it's Bromeliad madness...

This section was seriously crazy, so amazingly dense with cool plants!

The plant in bloom below is Vriesea amethystina, one of the very few I managed to capture the name of.

Am I the only one who sees a robot face with Bromeliad hair?

Silver/grey Tillandsia xerographica on the right.

I think this may have been my favorite plant. Not only because of the pattern but also because that shade of green glows against the dark almost black stripes.

This one was huge, much larger than it looks in the photo.

Wasn't that amazing? But here we are at the end...

And back outside, off to visit the Rock Garden and Alpine House next Wednesday. After that our visit to Kew sadly will have come to an end...

No comments:

Post a Comment