Tuesday, April 2, 2013

On second thought…

As it turned out my concern was unfounded, Andrew willingly agreed to the laborious chore of digging out the Sasa bamboo. All he asked was that I cut back the culms first, so he had easy access to the soil and roots. No problem! As I chopped I noticed all the new growth.

Twenty-five new shoots!

And those big leaves, they sure are pretty…

Then I got to looking at the patterns on the culms as I cut them down, and I remembered Mark and Gaz commenting about the striped effect this bamboo is known for…

And then I looked even closer…wow! Beautiful…

So my friends this is the story of how I had a change of heart and the bamboo will be given a second chance. I really had no intention of keeping it, as evidenced by my purchasing the replacement plant already! I figure by the time we're regularly occupying the patio those new shoots will have grown up and there will be leaves...

Now I have a nice 5-gallon Ceanothus ‘Dark Star’ that I need to find a place for...

All material © 2009-2013 by Loree Bohl for danger garden. Unauthorized reproduction prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment