Monday, April 15, 2013

April 2013, Bloomday!


I take photos of my flowers for Bloomday, go through them, and frequently find I’m unable to choose just one image that fully conveys what I want you to see about that particular plant/flower. This is why sometimes you get multiples! Like for this Euphorbia characias wulfenii, I couldn’t chose so I include them both (not counting the one at the top)…

And here’s another, this E. characias wulfenii is in the back garden.

I used to have so many E. characias wulfenii, now I’m down to just 2 plants…one of them slated to go when I find something else for its spot.

Euphorbia rigida on the other hand is a plant I want a couple more of. I’m going to try and be patient and let this one get some seedlings going.

Euphorbia 'Blackbird' has a bad case of the aphid uglies…

Euphorbia amygdaloides var. robbiae scares some people, it can be rather invasive. I’ve never had a problem but wonder if the hydrangea helped to keep it in check. We shall see.

Another Euphorbia with rumored take over tendencies E. griffithii ‘Fireglow’

And finally the “new to me” Euphorbia polychroma 'Bonfire'

How about a couple Ceanothus? First up the new C. 'Dark Star'

Followed by C. gloriosa ‘Pt Reyes’

Here’s a volunteer Grape Hyacinth growing dangerously close to a Dasylirion.

I couldn’t narrow it down to less than three photos of Pulsatilla Vulgaris…

And had to share a couple of these just about done Hellebores…

In the great wasteland to the north of the patio I still haven’t bothered to eradicate the Vinca.

Next year!

Acacia pravissima

And another…the color got a little whacky on this one but I decided I liked it.

The neighbor’s Laurel is very floriferous this year. Of course most of the flowers are on our side…

How about some Grevillea? G. 'Neil Bell'

G. ‘Poorinda Leane’

And G. juniperina ‘Lava Cascade’

A Rosemary…

A white flowering Lilac, only a few flowers but I love them…

Arctostaphylos densiflora ‘Sentinel’

Aucuba japonica ‘Longifolia’

I’ve already purchased my "annual" Kangaroo Paw for the year…

Disporum cantonese ‘Night Heron’

And finally Clianthus puniceus…

This concludes the Bloomday fun in my garden. Visit our hostess Carol at May Dreams Gardens for links to all the other blogs participating this month.

All material © 2009-2013 by Loree Bohl for danger garden. Unauthorized reproduction prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment