Friday, September 6, 2013

Ever wonder what your neighbors are up to behind the fence?


If one looks closely there are hints this isn't just an any other Portland home. Signs that something different might be going on just out of sight, after all it's not every parking strip that has a blooming Crassula falcate.

Or a cute little pair of Aloe 'Blue Elf' (I think)...

Although opuntia aren't all that rare around here these days (yay!).

And not everyone knows that Agave attenuata melts at temperatures much below 30F.

Big healthy Musa basjoo can be seen above fence lines all over town...

But rarely does a Euphorbia ammak var. variegata peek over to greet passers-by.

For those that didn't see the signs, or already know, it must have been a bit of a shock when Luther, owner of Kara Cactus put up some tables in his side yard, filled them with treasures, and invited anyone who happens to read his blog to stop by and have a look.

So many amazing things!

I bought this one (below), and I'd love to tell you what it is, but sadly I've lost the label. If any of you know I'd love an i.d....otherwise I suppose I'll have to check with Luther and admit my negligence.

I really wanted this speciman Aloe plicatilis (Fan Aloe), but it wasn't for sale.

Euphorbia milii 'Fireworks'

Kalanchoe orgyalis

Cephalocereus senilis (Old Man Cactus) always crack me up.

Lithops

Gasteria 'Lime Warty'

Here's Andrew checking out the goods behind the fence...

I'd attempt to tell you the name of this tiny agave but really it's easier just to show you the tag.

Here's the bottom of that Euphorbia ammak var. variegata, which was for sale...if you had $150.

The sun was lighting up this Echeveria agavoides 'Lipstick' (I think) so perfectly, I'm tempted to end with this image.

But if I did you wouldn't get to see what else was hiding behind the fence, Ladybug their miniature horse. You just never know...

All material © 2009-2013 by Loree Bohl for danger garden. Unauthorized reproduction prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment