Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Love ‘em, or Hate ‘em?

Location: University Village Shopping Center, Seattle Washington
Time: Saturday, October 27
Subject: Ornamental Cabbage and Kale

Whoa!

I know some perfectly lovely people who actually like ornamental cabbage and kale. I am not one of them.

Here the fallen leaves distract me from the purple cabbage (kale? both?) so I almost wasn't visually offended by this planting. And yes, the colors really were that bright.

So… love ‘em, or hate ‘em?

Location: Anthropologie, University Village, Seattle Washington
Time: Saturday, October 27
Subject: Staghorn Ferns

I just don’t get the appeal of the Staghorn Fern.

I know they are tremendously popular right now. For me they are more compelling when in a container, rather than mounted on a slab of wood, and I feel like I should like them, but I don’t. However I will say this one actually stopped me in my tracks. I've never seen one this large!

It was only $150. However that container will set you back $598

So… Staghorn Ferns, love ‘em, or hate ‘em?

Location: Ravenna Gardens, University Village, Seattle Washington
Time: Saturday, October 27
Subject: Succulent Wreaths

Another trend that just keeps on keeping on…the mixed succulent wreath or maybe this one isn't a wreath but rather meant for a table top, perhaps to go around a candle holder.

I personally love them, but only if the succulents are affixed in such a way that you can later dismantle the whole thing and root them…what about you? Love ‘em, or hate ‘em?

Finally I’ll end this silliness with a couple more pictures taken at Ravenna Gardens last weekend. Just for the record…I love Ravenna Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment