Monday, September 24, 2012

Yes, I suppose it really is autumn…


No longer will I be correcting people when they say “summer is over” because indeed the calendar now agrees with them and it is autumn. Of course you know that just means that I’m going to start praying for a long Indian summer!

While I am never ready for my favorite season to come to an end I can look back on summer 2012 with a degree of satisfaction…it was a good one by any measure. Even though the tomato plants looked hideous we still enjoyed lots of tasty fruit, plus there were basil-centric meals every week: bread salad, pesto chicken, tomato/mozzarella salads…

The patio was used semi-nightly for dining and lots of drinks with friends.

I spent lots of time here…

With all the sunshine and heat (plus plenty of water) the newly planted area in the back garden has filled in very well; it no longer feels like a bare spot.

There were nursery adventures, garden tours, garden parties and even a summer-time bee-sting (our poor dog Lila). Here in Portland we had our hottest day in the last 3 years and have enjoyed many days in the 90’s.

But best of all…I woke to blue skies so many mornings in a row that it almost got monotonous…

Almost.

Welcome autumn, you treat me right and we can be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment